Lake Tahoe area - State-of-the-art medicine ... in a world class resort region|
Not Ready to Retire but Ready to Slow Down?
|Exceptional opportunity to join our staff at a freestanding "Emergent" care center in Minden, Nevada
This is an exceptional opportunity for an ED or primary care physician looking to slow down or nearing retirement
This practice offers
This group offers
- State of the art center, which is a satellite of a regional medical center
- Complete lab and imaging including CT scanner
- 9K patients per year
- Center is open 12hrs/day 8AM-8PM no overnight shifts
- On call coverage in all major specialties
- Affiliation with ED group allows for easy transfers and dispositions when necessary
- Excellent patient population, acuity is low to moderate, somewhat higher than a simple "doc in the box" but without the acuity, trauma and social problems typical of the ED
- Very flexible scheduling, both full and part time positions considered
- Reasonable patient volumes ~2pts/hr
- Very competitive compensation in a growing practice
- Stable and supportive group which has been in the community over thirty years
The physician we are looking for should be
Board certified or in the process of certification in emergency medicine or primary care specialty with urgent care or ED experience
A team player who is adept at interactions with patients and staff
This position would be a great fit for an ED physician looking to slow down or a primary care physician looking for a diverse practice without the hassles of call or running an office
Should be comfortable with a wide range of problems including peds, ortho, minor trauma etc… |
Minden is 15 miles south of Carson City. Sitting at the base of the Sierra Nevada mountains, it is a safe and friendly community with an exceptional four season climate. Visitors are just a stone's throw away from Lake Tahoe to the west and Reno to the north. (For Location - See the Map).|
Skiers and snowboarders are within a few minutes drive of several ski resorts - Alpine Meadows, Heavenly, Kirkwood, Mt Rose-Ski Tahoe, Northstar at Tahoe, Sierra at Tahoe and Squaw Valley. The area also offers snwoshoeing, cross-country skiing and snwomobile tours.
For mountain bikers and hikers the trails are endless, including Lake Tahoe's famous Rim Trail, which after two decades of construction, surrounds the lake in the upper elevations.
The Lake Tahoe area is where golf is complemented by the spectacular scenic beauty of the High Sierra. There are 17 renowned golf courses in the Reno, Lake Tahoe, Carson and Graeagle regions. Arnold Palmer, designer of the Dayton Valley Golf Club said of the area "There is literally no place on earth that has the kind of unique beauty Tahoe has"
As a physician practicing in Minden you can live in a unique part of the country where other's only vacation. This is the rare place where you can enjoy the charms of small town living yet still have easy access to airlines, shopping, great restaurants and world class entertainment. California's wine country, Yosemite, and San Francisco are all in easy reach. And, unlike our neighbor to the west, Nevada has no state income tax.
If you are interested please respond with your CV to|
Adam Ouimet MD
Minden Emergent Care Associates
When you call or email, please say that you saw this position on EDphysician.com
.......This is a great opportunity. See more than 1,700 other jobs by clicking here